Mr Pooler Archbold
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Pooler Archbold graduated with Honours and in 1st place in his medical year from Queen’s University. He trained in Trauma and Orthopaedics in the Northern Ireland Higher Surgical Training Programme for 6 years.
He has undertaken two sub-specialty fellowships, a 2-year Hip and Knee replacement fellowship under Professor David Beverland MD, at Musgrave Park Hospital in Belfast and a one-year Knee fellowship in the leading centre for Knee surgery in Europe at the Croix Rousse University Hospital, Lyon and the FIFA Centre of Excellence Centre Orthopaedique Santy Lyon.
He maintains a keen interest in Research and has published numerous papers in International & National peer-reviewed Trauma and Orthopaedic journals. He presents this work extensively at professional meetings and symposia throughout the UK & Ireland, Europe, and the United States. He has been a member of a number of teaching faculties. He has a public practice both in Musgrave Park Hospital and the Royal Victoria Hospital. He leads the RISUS group which is working with the IRFU to define and minimize the risk of injury in Schoolboy Rugby.
- MB BCh BAO Honours 1st in medical year Queens University Belfast 2000
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh September 2003
- MD Queens University Belfast 2007
- FRCS(Orth) Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh July 2009
- Distinctions in Physiology, Theraputics and Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Medicine and Surgery
- 1st overall in Final MB
- Royal Victoria Hospital Prize Medicine and Surgery
- SOFCOT travelling Fellowship
- Belfast Arthroplasty Fellow Musgrave Park Hospital, Belfast February 2005- February 2007
- Sports Knee Fellow Croix Rousse University Hospital/ FIFA Centre of Excellence Centre Orthopaedique Santy Lyon, France August 2010-2011
Services Mr Archbold offers include:
- Adult Orthopaedic Services – Hip and Knee replacement.
- Sports Injuries knee – Multiligament knee reconstruction, Meniscal repair/preservation, Anterior Cruciate ligament, Posterior cruciate reconstruction, Patella stabilization.
- High tibial osteotomy
- Reattachment of sports muscle avulsions
- Joint Injection
- Medicolegal Reports
You can visit Mr Pooler Archbold’s website by clicking this link: http://ortho-ni.com/