Mr Andrew James
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon
Mr James is Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in conditions of the lower limb including primary hip and knee replacements, revision surgery and knee arthroscopic surgery.
His current NHS post is Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon at Musgrave Park Hospital Belfast and the Ulster Hospital Dundonald.
His main areas of interest are
- Primary Hip and Knee Replacements
- Revision Hip and Knee Replacements
- Knee Arthroscopy (Keyhole Surgery)
- Fracture Surgery
Level 7 Management and Leadership CMI 2017
FRCS (Ed) Trauma and Orthopaedics Royal College Surgeons Edinburgh 2013
MMedSci (Education for the Health Care Professions) Queens University Belfast 2011
MRCS(Ed) Royal College Surgeons Edinburgh 2006
MB BCh BAO (Queens University Belfast) Queens University Belfast 2002
- Fellow Royal College Surgeons Edinburgh
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Advanced Trauma and Life Support Instructor
- Clinical Lead for National Joint Registry for the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust.
- Core Curriculum Organiser for Orthopaedic Speciality Training in Northern Ireland.
- Premium Medical Protection
Multiple Recurrences of Subungual Exostosis in a Child: A Unique Presentation of a Nora’s Lesion. Foot Ankle Int 2013 Mar 15;34(3):445-7. Epub 2013 Jan 15.
The Morscher Press-Fit Acetabular Component: An Independent Long Term Review 18-22 Years. The Journal Of Arthroplasty, Volume (32) (8) August 2017.
The Impact of cerclage cabling on unstable intertrochanteric and subtrochanteric femoral fractures: a retrospective review of 465 patients. European Journal of Trauma and Emergency Surgery. P Karayiannis and A James.
Outside of work Mr James is an active Scout Leader and enjoys the “Great” outdoors. He is trained in Mountain Leadership and holds Kayaking qualifications.
To make an appointment with Mr James please contact us using the links above.